“Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Galatians 6:10
The purpose of this relationship is to reflect Christ and provide a positive impact on the lives of others who may be less fortunate (i.e. students, parents, and staff members). In the adoption of Sunrise McMillan Elementary, the Church of Christ at Forest Hill is helping to plant and water seeds that can only be grown by God.
The Adopt-a-School Ministry operates within the Youth Ministry
Youth Ministry Elder:
Youth Ministry Coordinator:
Adopt-a-School Ministry Coordinator:
Contact Ministry or I'd Like to Work in this Ministry
We never know what impact we are having on a person’s life.
It is our goal to always have an impact that is remembered by others as being a reflection of Christ.
Ways the Forest Hill Church of Christ connects with Sunrise Elementary School
- Leads the Sunrise Staff in Prayer on various occasions (i.e. Beginning of School, STAAR Test, and Writing Camp).
- Provides financial support for the A & B Honor Roll Breakfast, as well as serve the food and provide an encouraging message.
- Participates in the Celebrity Readers Event
- Participates in the Career Day Event
- Sponsors the 4th Grade Writing Camp Event at the Church and provides food for the students.
- Established a Golfing Club where members teach the students to golf.
- Back to School Supply Giveaway Drive
Special Dates – 2023
- March 10, 2023: Celebrity Readers Event at Sunrise McMillan Elementary
- March 31, 2023: Reading Camp at Forest Hill COC
- April 6, 2023: Career Day Event at Sunrise McMillan
- April 17, 2023: Prayer for the Reading STAAR Test @ Sunrise McMillan
- April 28, 2023: Math Camp at Forest Hill COC
- May 1, 2023: Prayer for the Math STAAR Test @ Sunrise McMillan
- May 1st – May 5th: Staff Appreciation Week
- May 25, 2023: Perfect Attendance Celebration for Students and Staff Members.