ANNOUNCEMENTS – UPDATED August 1, 2020
- Praise God!
For answered prayers, healing from sicknesses, shelter in times of storm, comfort in times of grief and blessings beyond measure.
“The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, ‘The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!”
Lamentations 3:22-24 (NLT)
- Thank You
- Sis. Jacqueline Smith wishes to express her heartfelt thanks for all the calls, cards and prayers offered on her and her family’s behalf during her recent loss.
We extend our heartfelt condolences to Sis. Kathy Bellamy in the loss of her mother, Katherine Turner, who passed at home on Tuesday, July 28, 2020.
Visitation: Friday, August 7th, 12 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Angel Funeral Services, 5183 Ollie St., Ft. Worth, TX 76119
Funeral Service: Saturday, August 8th, 11:00 a.m., Pilgrim Rest Missionary Baptist Church, 958 E. Baltimore Ave., Ft. Worth, TX 76104
Please continue in prayer for the Bellamy and Chilton families.
We extend our heartfelt sympathy to Sis Shanita Widemon in the loss of her grandmother, Billie J. Miller. Services were held Friday, July 31, 2020 in Tyler, Texas.
- We extend our heartfelt condolences to Sis. Jacqueline Pitts in the loss of her cousin, Henry Phillips, Jr., of Houston, Texas.
Services: Monday, August 3, 2020
Viewing: 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., Service: 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Lyons Funeral Home, 3618 Lyons Ave, Houston, TX, 77020.
We also extend heartfelt condolences to Sis. Pitts in the loss of her cousin, Andrew Jackson of Houston, Texas who passed on Thursday, July 30th. The family solicits continuous prayers.
We extend our heartfelt sympathy to Sis. Monica Cross in the loss of two relatives:
- Her aunt, Marie Cross of Houston, Texas, and
- Her first cousin, Mack Dillingham, Jr. of Montgomery, Alabama
Sis. Cross requests prayers for the family in this difficult time.
We extend our heartfelt condolences to Bro. Harold Sanders in the loss of his aunt, Gracie Lee McGee, who passed on Saturday, July 25, 2020. Graveside services were held on Wednesday, July 29th in Cullen, Louisiana.
We extend our heartfelt condolences to Sis. Mildred Johnson in the loss of her cousin, Orbra Lampkin Greenof Arlington, who passed on Wednesday, July 22nd. Prayers of comfort for Robert Green and family. Services are pending.
- Prayer Requests
- Sis. Jordan Montgomery solicits prayers for spiritual strength.
- Sis. Mekdas King solicits prayers of healing and strength for her cousin, Carla Butler, who has been diagnosed with a serious illness.
- Sis Alice Brown solicits prayers of healing for her son, Andra. Please pray for his entire household.
Please pray for all of our Senior Saints as they persevere through the difficult guidelines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ways to submit a prayer request:
- Call the church phone number, 817-563-7171
- Email email@example.com
- Back to School Giveaway
- This giveaway is for Pre-K through 12th grade students of the Church of Christ in Forest Hill.
- For more information, contact Bro. Lawrence Thorns at 817-706-3768.
- You may also contact committee members: Sis. Euwanda Thorns, Sis. Tonja Weatherspoon, Sis. LaTrenda McFail.
- The giveaway will occur on August 8, 2020.
- Zoom Bible Class for 6th – 12th Grades
Class meets Sunday mornings, 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Teachers: Bro. Coyle Allen and Bro. Jeramie Johnson
Email Bro. Coyle Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an invitation to join the Zoom Bible class.
- Livestream worship services are planned for Sundays at 9:50 a.m. Click here: https://fhcoc.org/media/watch-live
- Livestream bible studies (Spiritual Thoughts for Your Spiritual Walk) are planned for Wednesdays at 6:50 p.m. Click here: https://fhcoc.org/media/watch-live
- Recordings of the services will be available after the livestream on the website, Facebook and YouTube. Click here for past videos: https://fhcoc.org/media/sermon-videos Click here for past audio recordings: https://fhcoc.org/media/sermons-lessons
- Communion supplies are available on Saturdays at the building from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. If you prefer securing your own communion supplies, here are suggestions: For communion bread, use crackers without any type of rising agent, such as yeast or baking soda. If you prefer DIY communion bread, here is a recipe for homemade unleaven bread: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/241680/unleavened-bread-for-communion/ If you do not have a beverage that qualifies as a “fruit of the vine”, you may need to purchase some. We recommend grape juice.
- Giving options: https://fhcoc.org/other/give
Text (817) 373-5370
Zelle email: email@example.com
Forest Hill’s Family Life Ministry offers additional emotional support through our sponsorship with ChristianWorks for Children. ChristianWorks offers Christian Counseling for members at a discounted rate of $25/session. All sessions are conducted through video so that everyone remains at home. For a confidential referral email: firstname.lastname@example.org